Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Why Stephen King?

I've added a new page to my website concerning why I put a lot of stock into Stephen King.

As I say on that page, just by mentioning his name, I'll turn a lot of people away --- I'm fine with that.

I don't read his books because I think he's "the best ever" or has any special talent other than the ability to tell a good tale.

But I do want to mention his non-fiction here, because he has spent of lot of time and written a lot of words that parallel many of the points I try to make with this blog and the sibling website.

Also, over the next few months, I will be rereading portions of Danse Macabre and the forewards and afterwards of many of his books, and then discussing them here. Some things I'll agree with, others I'll disagree with, but either way, it'll provide a jumping off point for discussion, and maybe even enlighten all of us.

So here's your homework assignment: If you get a chance, jump out to my website to the page "Why Stephen King?" and read that short little essay on it. Also, take the time to read Danse Macabre and any of the extra stuff that he frequently puts in the front or back of his books (he usually does that with short story collections), then you'll be all prepared for the discussions to come.

Until Next Time,
Kingly Yours,
Michael

No comments: